Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Reasons to Enjoy a Sunny Day...




One of those perfect lazy days…

As I write this blog I am basking in this glorious sunlit day.  It’s a rarity mid winter to have one of these perfectly sunny days. 63 degrees, slight breeze, and not a cloud in sight.  I’ve got my bikini on and I’m ready to store up on sunlight while I still can.  It’s these kinds of days that will tide me over until summer.

My enjoyment of this sunny day prompted me to write this blog about the benefits of sunlight.  Mostly we hear and like to repeat to others the dangers of too much sunlight.  Cancer and saggy skin galore!  Fortunately for us summer-lovers there are some benefits as well.  It still holds true that we should limit our time in the sun and wear an SPF protecting against UVB/UVA rays on a daily basis, however; health professionals are now suggesting that we all need approximately 5 minutes a day of unprotected sun exposure (varying depending on location and skin type) in order to produce the proper amount of Vitamin D. 

Being an advocate of the sun, here’s my list of reasons why we should indulge J

1.     Vitamin D helps to reduce the risk of many ailments and diseases including that of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer (As is said, small doses do the trick), prevent muscle pain, the flu, and prevent many bone diseases.
2.     Build resistance to eczema, acne, psoriasis, and other skin irritations
3.     Improve your digestion
4.     Promote activity – The average person is far more inspired to be active in an outdoor setting than inside their house, or even at the gym.
5.     Happiness – I can speak from first hand experience as to the sun’s mood-boosting capabilities.

Inspired to have a day in the sun?  Be safe and have fun!  The sunrays are strongest within the hours of 11am until 2pm, so lather up on that sunscreen!

Time to enjoy this day…

Until Next Time,

Evy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment