Thursday, November 10, 2011

Walk the Liner - Best in liquid liner



It's no surprise that this season liquid liner is in.  The perfect cat eye can look perfectly sophisticated, polished, and seductive.  A few years back this was a staple product in my makeup collection, something that completed my look daily.  The black liner pen is still one of my favorite makeup items.  From experience, these particular brands will give you the cleanest line out there.

Stila - Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($20) remains my favorite liquid liner out there.  Yes, it is on the pricier side, but many times it can be found for cheaper within product bundles (sometimes found at Nordstrom Rack, Costco, and occasionally at Sephora and Ulta).  This product creates the smoothest, blackest line.  With the precise pen point you can go for a subtle line or darken it for a bolder more dramatic look.  This liner lasts all day and is slow to run out.

*drugstore find*  Palladio - Eye Inks Eyeliner ($5.99 at Ulta) is my drugstore alternative to the Stila liner.  It's small size makes it easy to hold and control along with other attributes of the Stila liner.

MAC - Blacktrack Fluidliner is the industry standard for all of you who prefer the gel liner.  Although I hear there are drugstore brands out there that will help you achieve the same look, I haven't tried most of them.  Have you tested another gel liner?  Let me know!

Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliner in Perversion - I usually prefer the use of a pen liner, but this brush come to the perfect point and is fine enough to execute the cat eye perfectly.  It is easy to control for a liner brush, and unlike most pens dries fast leaving little to no mess.

1 comment:

  1. The Physicians Formula gel eyeliners are really great if you are looking for a drugstore alternative to the MAC fluidline gel liner. My favorite part is that you get them in sets of three for your eye color, so for me I got the brown eyes gel liner kit which came with three liners in purple, brown, and black and a brush to apply the liners. I personally didn't like the brush that much because I have a better one, but it works fine for if you don't have a liner brush.

    ReplyDelete