Monday, January 30, 2012

DIY Manicure - Ombre

Hey guys!

So this was my lazy sunday night.  I'm not going to lie, it did take awhile to complete, but I just had to try it and I'm pretty proud of the end result!  :)  Although these nails were pretty time consuming, they are still relatively easy to complete.  I'm no nail expert, but here's how I achieved this look:

1.  Start with 3-4 different shades in the same color ranging from light to dark and one triangular edged makeup sponge

2.  Coat your nails completely with the lightest color and wait for them to dry

3.  Apply a small amount of the second lightest color to the makeup sponge (It's better to start with a small amount and apply more).  Stipple the color over the nail leaving an exposed section near the cuticle, so the previous color will still shine through.  

4.  Repeat with every other color.

5.  (Optional)  I then applied a sparkly clear coat of nail polish over the upper half

6.  Apply top coat for a smoother finish and longer lasting manicure!

The colors that I used were:
OPI - Breathe Life
OPI - Teal the Cows Come Home
OPI - Dating a Royal
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear - Blue It
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine Nail Color - 469
OPI - Top Coat

Hope this is helpful!

Until Next Time,

Evy <3




No comments:

Post a Comment