Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion On a Budget / Outfit of the Day

Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Free People, Betsey Johnson...  All of these stores have clothes to DIE FOR, however; at least for me, I barely own any clothing items from them.  Almost all of the high end pieces that I do own are from discounted stores (Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross, Nordstrom Rack) or are the cheaper version of the same items from stores like Forever 21.  As a starving artist and college student, I am a definite penny pincher and can't help but to love a deal!  Another great cheaper option for shopping is used clothing stores.  You can always count on finding something original that no one else will have... and can you say vintage?  Vintage is in!  I even prefer shopping at discounted stores most of the time.  There's nothing better than being a unique, fashionable, and smart shopper.

I just wanted to show you guys an example of an outfit that I really love, all of which was very affordable.  I'll tell you where I purchased all the items, but unfortunately you probably won't be able to find the pieces anymore (That's the fun of shopping on the cheap right?  Originality!)


Please forgive my messy apartment!
Grey Floral Tank Top - Target ($5)
Light Pink Blouse - TJ Maxx
Lace Vest - TJ Maxx
Distressed Jeans - American Eagle Outfitters (On sale of course!)
Boots - Forever 21
Necklace - This is actually my mom's necklace from when she was a kid.  Vintage jewelry is my absolute favorite.  I haven't bought a piece of jewelry from the mall in forever!

Let me know what you thought about this post. Should I do more outfit posts like this?  If so, would you like another photo post or a video?  xoxo Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment