Monday, October 3, 2011

Trending Now: Great Lengths


Don’t get me wrong, I am a summer girl.  Icecream… swimming… sun…  What more could a girl ask for?  By the time fall comes around,  I am still stuck in summer, dragging my heels, and soaking up every last little ray of sun possible.  Soon enough there comes a time when there is no denying it… fall has arrived, and with it comes homework, all-nighters, mid-terms, and rain; however, I’m forgetting to mention one crucial element of fall…

Fall fashion!  This is where I stop being a Debbie Downer, pick up my heels, and learn to leave summer behind.  I am a sucker for fall fashion.  Layering, rich colors, outerwear, all things that I associate with the beginning of fall.  Sometimes a girl just has to put her best face forward, put the bikini back in the drawer, and cozy up in a warm sweater. 

I already posted a blog a few weeks ago on the ever so sweet polka dot trend.  Today I wanted to introduce a trend that many of you have already probably spotted around town.  Drumroll… The maxi skirt!  It’s been awhile since this floor grazing trend last made an appearance.  Looking through my closet the only floor length skirt I can find is a white tiered skirt last worn in the eighth grade (yes… I am a pack rat).  Time for a wardrobe update?  I think yes.

 Here are some of the cuter maxi skirt options that I found on my online fashion quest:


From Lulus.com ($39), this is just your basic wardrobe essential.  http://www.lulus.com/products/descending-purple-maxi-skirt/32019.html


Also from Lulus.com ($73) – Ooh La La!  This sexier style caught my eye right off the bat.  Not only is it maxi, but it also incorporates another fast growing fall trend, daring slits.  This would be perfect for a night out on the town.



Forever 21 ($22.80) – I wish I’d seen this skirt before I wrote my polka dot post!  The polka dots just give this skirt such a fun feminine twist.  I think it’s safe to call this skirt a fall essential.  It incorporates so many fall trends: rust red, maxi, polka dotted, sheer.  What more could a girl ask for?  One thing I want to know is if you guys think this sheer skirt is too daring.  Would you wear this?


As always, feel free to comment with any other fabulous finds!  J

Much Love,

Evy

No comments:

Post a Comment